All You Need
- 3 cups (750 mL) sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable shortening
- 3 cups (750 mL) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 package (198 g) flaked coconut
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Imitation Coconut Extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Almond Extract
- Recipe for the Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Imitation Coconut Extract
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix flour and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter, shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stir in coconut and extracts. Pour into greased and floured 10-in (25 cm) Bundt pan.
Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, for the Glaze, mix sugar, water and coconut extract in small saucepan. Bring to boil; cook 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Invert cake onto wire rack. Brush glaze over warm cake.