All You Need
- 1 egg
- 1 lb (500 g) cottage cheese or ricotta (or mixture of both)
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb (500 g) mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Italiano Signature Blend
- recipe Speedy Pasta Sauce Italiano (omit meat)**
- 1/2 pkg (1 kg ) frozen Italian-style vegetables, thawed, chopped finer, if necessary
- 1/2 pkg (300 g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 15 regular lasagna noodles, not cooked
- 1 1/4 cups (312 1/2 mL) water
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) baking dish. Set aside.
In large bowl, beat egg. Stir in cottage cheese, Parmesan and half of mozzarella cheese. Stir in Club House Italiano Signature Blend. Set aside.
Spread thin layer of Speedy Pasta Sauce Italiano on bottom of baking dish. Arrange 5 lasagna noodles in single layer on top of sauce. Spread Italian-style vegetables and spinach over noodles. Cover with half remaining tomato sauce. Layer 5 more noodles and spread with cheese mixture. Cover with 5 remaining noodles and remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Place baking dish on baking sheet. Very slowly, add water to lasagna along the edges of baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 1¼ hours or until the pasta is tender. Remove foil and broil until browned and bubbly.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
**Speedy Pasta Sauce Italiano recipe available