There's no easier way to get the fall-off-the-bone texture and rich flavour of this Hungarian-inspired entrée than in this slow cooked recipe. Serve over egg noodles or your favourite pasta.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 lbs (1 1/2 kg) chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) each diced onions, red pepper and mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) McCormick Gourmet Smoked Paprika
- 1 package (42 g) Club house Slow Cookers Chicken Stew
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook until chicken is golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Place in slow cooker. Add vegetables and garlic to slow cooker.
Dissolve paprika and Club House Slow Cookers Chicken Stew in water and add to slow cooker.
Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
Garnish with sour cream and parsley.
Chef’s Tip: Serve over your favourite pasta.