All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up (6 cups/1.5L)
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken or vegetable broth, sodium reduced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Club House Parmesan & Herbs Signature Blend
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 10% half & half cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
In a skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and cauliflower and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes. Add Club House Parmesan & Herbs Signature Blend and chicken broth. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Purée with hand blender or food processor. Stir in cream and cheese. Heat through.
· Thin soup with additional cream or broth if desired.
· For a less rich soup use 5% cream or milk.
· Reserve about 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cheese to sprinkle on top of individual servings.