All You Need
- 0 juice from 1 lime
- 0 water
- 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes, drained (about 2 cups (500 mL) tomatoes)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cubed (1 in/2 cm)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed (1 in/2cm)
- 2 large carrots, peeled, sliced (1 in/2 cm)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 lbs (1500 g) lean, boneless beef pot roast (outside round), trimmed
- 1 package (42 g) Slow Cookers Caribbean Style Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
In small measuring cup, add lime juice. Add water to make up to ¼ cup (50 mL).
In bowl, combine drained tomatoes, lime juice mixture and seasoning mix. Stir well and set aside.
Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker and top with roast. Pour prepared seasoning mix all over meat and vegetables.
Cover. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
To serve, slice roast and serve with vegetables and gravy.