Caramel Glazed Cinnamon Raisin Cake
This gorgeous cake makes for a terrific fall or winter dessert. The combination of spices pairs perfectly with caramel glaze for a sweet treat you won't soon forget.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) Club House Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsps (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (187 1/2 mL) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) table (18%) cream
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 10-in (25 cm) tube pan. Mix brown sugar, flours, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add milk, oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Beat on high speed 2 minutes. Gently stir in raisins and walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 55 minutes or until sides of cake are browned and pulled away from pan. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; cool completely.
For the Caramel Glaze, mix brown sugar, butter, cream and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; mix with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon over cake. Garnish with crystallized ginger, if desired.