All You Need
- 1/2 lb (250 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House Cajun Signature Blend, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) each sliced onion, red and green bell pepper and water
- 28 fl oz (840 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely ground tortilla chips and whole tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Rub chicken breast with 2 tbsp (30 mL) seasoning. Place in preheated oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat without oil. Brown 2 minutes per side. Bake 7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Remove from oven and shred.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil and vegetables. Sauté 3 minutes.
Stir in remaining seasoning, water, tomatoes and chicken broth.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in ground tortilla chips and cilantro. Simmer 5 minutes.
Serve with whole tortilla chips as garnish.