All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 can (540 mL) no salt added white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) each no salt added tomato sauce, Kitchen Basics Original Beef Cooking Stock and water
- 2 packages (35 g each) Club House 25% Less Salt & Gluten-Free Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups (500 mL) potatoes, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, brown ground beef and drain fat.
Stir in beans, tomato sauce, water, stock and all seasoning mix. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
In a 9 x 13-in (23 x 33 cm/3 L) casserole dish, spoon 1/5 each of chili mixture and cheese evenly and then ¼ each of onions and potato slices. Repeat until all ingredients are used, making sure to reserve some cheese to sprinkle on top.
Cover and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 10 minutes until cheese is bubbling.