A classic French dish from the Burgundy region, beef bourguinon is a velvetty beef stew with rich, deep flavours. Serve with a slice of crusty French bread and a glass of red wine for the full experience!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- 2 lbs (1 kg) lean, boneless stewing beef, cut into 1 in (2cm) cubes
- 1 lb (500 g) mini potatoes
- 4 cups (1 L) quartered mushrooms (about 3/4 lb/350 g)
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced onions
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) dry red wine
- pouch (42 g) Club House Slow Cookers Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsps (10 mL) McCormick Gourmet Smoked Paprika (optional)
Place stewing beef and vegetables in slow cooker.
In bowl, combine water, wine, seasoning mix and smoked paprika (if using). Pour over vegetables and meat. Toss to coat well.
Cover. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
Stir before serving.