Apple Cinnamon Wheat Bran Muffins
A hearty muffin that's perfect for those 3:00 snack attacks! Loaded with warming cinnamon, ginger and apples, these will get you through the day satisfied.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Makes: 18 servings
All You Need
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) natural wheat bran (germ)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each Club House Ground Cinnamon and baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each Club House Ground Ginger and baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) Club House Ground Allspice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) each vegetable oil and Billy Bee Honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peeled, finely chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roughly chopped dried cherries or cranberries (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray 18 cup muffin pan and set aside.
Whisk flour, wheat bran, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt and allspice in large bowl to combine.
In separate bowl, stir oil, honey, brown sugar, eggs and buttermilk. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in apples and cherries (if using).
Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar overtop (if using).
Bake for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 400°F (200°C) and continue baking until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, 5-6 more minutes.
Tip! Over stirring makes a tough muffin, always leave a few lumps.
Tip! Avoid soggy muffins, cool in the pan 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
Tip! Wrap each muffin with plastic wrap, store in resealable freezer bag and freeze up to one month. Thaw at room temperature and microwave until just warm.