All You Need
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) each butter and all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1000 mL) milk
- package Club House Recipe Inspirations Garlic Lime Fajitas
- 0 Salt to taste
- 7 cups (1750 mL) cooked pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted butternut squash purée (see Chef’s Tip)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each grated parmesan, gruyere and cheddar cheeses, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Melt butter in fry pan; add flour and cook on low heat 5 minutes. Add milk and spices; simmer until thickened. Add ¼ cup (50 mL) of each of the cheeses and season with salt. Remove from heat and add cooked pasta and squash.
Pour pasta mixture in casserole dish. Mix remaining cheese and bread crumbs together and sprinkle on top of pasta. Bake in oven 20-25 minutes.
Chef’s Tip: To roast the butternut squash, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Slice the squash in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds and pulp from the centre of the squash with a large spoon and discard. Place on lined baking sheet, cut side up. Brush with oil. Cover with foil and bake until tender, approximately 45 minutes.