Walk Away Steak with Chili Beer Dip
These portable, marinated steak skewers have a bite that knocks the flavor out of the park, while a delicious spicy-sweet dipping sauce helps temper the heat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes refrigeration
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 ½ lb (675 g) strip loin steaks, cut 1-in (2 cm) thick
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Ground Mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Garlic Salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) beer
- ¾ cup (175 mL) smooth applesauce
Trim fat from steak. Cut each steak crosswise into 3 x 1½-in (7 x 4 cm) wide chunks. Place in resealable plastic bag or covered glass dish.
Mix spices, brown sugar and beer in small bowl. Reserve ½ cup marinade for dipping. Pour remaining marinade over steak; turn to coat well.
Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread steak onto metal or wooden skewers.
Broil or grill over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Mix reserved marinade with applesauce for dipping sauce.
Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.