Toasted Walnut Dip with Pomegranate Molasses
A favorite Middle-Eastern starter, this purée of toasted walnuts, roasted red bell pepper, cumin, allspice and crushed red pepper is drizzled with a sweet, tangy pomegranate molasses.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) walnuts, toasted
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato purée or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
For the Pomegranate Molasses, bring the pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice to boil in small saucepan on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is reduced to ¼ cup (50 mL) and is consistency of thick syrup. Cool completely.
For the Dip, place the toasted walnuts, roasted and peeled red bell pepper, tomato purée or crushed tomatoes, plain dried bread crumbs, ground cumin, ground allspice, crushed red pepper and sea salt in food processor; cover. Process until dip is smooth.
Spoon dip into serving bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the Pomegranate Molasses. Serve with naan bread.