All You Need
- 3 cups (750 mL) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 7 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (187 1/2 mL) sugar, divided
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Pure Star Anise (Licorice Type) Extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 1/2 mL) Club House Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 1/2 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring coconut milk to a boil.
Mix egg yolks with ½ cup (125 mL) of sugar; slowly whisk into hot coconut milk. Add extracts. Strain and pour into ramekins.
Place ramekins into shallow pan and fill pan with water to ¾ of the height of the ramekins. Bake for 50 minutes, remove and chill for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Sprinkle the top of each ramekin with 2 tsp (10 mL) of remaining sugar and use a blow torch to caramelize the sugar. Let cool slightly before serving
Chef’s Tip: If you don’t have a kitchen blow torch, preheat oven to broil. Place dish under broiler until sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure they don’t burn.