Spicy Cowboy Fried Rice with Sausage and Egg
Fit for a cowboy! Smoky sausage pieces, peppers, black beans and more come together to create this stick-to-your-ribs dish for those long days out on the range.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Makes: 5 servings
All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 lb (250 g) smoky sausage, ½-in (1 cm) diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each diced peppers and onions
- package (35 g) Club House 25% Less Salt & Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (187 1/2 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) frozen corn niblets
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each sliced green onion and chopped cilantro
In a large fry pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes. Add peppers and onions; cook 3 minutes.
Add seasoning mix, water, black beans and corn. Simmer 10 minutes until dry; reserve.
In a large fry pan, on medium-high heat, add remaining oil and rice; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Push rice to side of pan and add eggs; cook 2 minutes.
Stir in sausage mixture, green onion and cilantro. Mix well and serve.
Chef’s Tip: Garnish with McCormick Gourmet Cilantro Leaves