All You Need
- 4 yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 whole turkey thighs
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) Club House Seasoning for Spaghetti Sauce Regular
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries, chopped finely
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large bunch of Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, rinsed and leaves removed from stems
- Club House Sea Salt Grinder and Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Mix the potatoes and onions in a large bowl.
Spread a long sheet of aluminum foil over a large baking sheet. Put the butter on the foil, and pour the vegetables over it, dispersing evenly.
In the same bowl used for the vegetables, season the turkey thighs with the seasoning mix, rubbing it on generously. Place thighs on top of the bed of vegetables.
Lightly fold up the 4 sides of the aluminum foil to avoid having the red wine run over the edges, and add the wine. Cover with a 2nd sheet of aluminum foil, and pinch the two sheets together to make an airtight pouch.
Bake for 60-70 minutes or until internal temperature of turkey is 165°F (74°C).
Meanwhile, put the juice of the orange and the cranberries in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow the cranberries to plump up and cool. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the orange zest and garlic and mix well.
Place the parsley in a medium bowl and pour orange mixture over top. Toss to coat the parsley with the dressing. Serve salad with the turkey.