All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each ketchup and water
- pkg (28 g) Club House Hickory BBQ Ribs Flavourful Recipe Mix
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) each diced onions, red and green peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) uncooked rice
- 1/2 tbsp (7 1/2 mL) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless turkey breast
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
To make BBQ sauce, stir together ketchup, water and seasoning. Let stand 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
In skillet, over medium, heat oil. Add vegetables and sauté for 1 minute. Add the rice, stock and half of BBQ sauce. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 – 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Let cool. Stir in shredded cheese.
With a sharp knife held horizontally, slice a large pocket in the turkey breast beginning at the thickest side and continuing towards the thinnest part to within 1 in (2 cm). Open like a book and spread with rice mixture to within 1 in (2 cm) of the edges.
Roll up and tie securely with string every 2 in (5 cm).
Spread remaining BBQ sauce over the turkey breast roll. Place in lightly greased baking dish. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until internal temp reaches 170°F (74°C)