Slow Cooker Buffalo BBQ Lettuce Wraps
Filled with spicy pulled chicken, shredded carrots, celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, these lettuce wraps make great game-day party food. Photo credit: Eva Kosmas from Adventures in Cooking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 to 8 hours
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 2 lb (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg (35 g) Club House Slow Cookers Sweet and Smokey Pulled Chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
- ½ cup (125 mL) hot sauce
- ¼ cup (50 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into 12 leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) thin celery sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) blue cheese dressing
Place chicken in slow cooker.
Mix seasoning, ketchup, hot sauce and brown sugar until blended. Pour over chicken. Cover.
Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Remove chicken from slow cooker.
Shred chicken, using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker; mix and heat with sauce before serving. Stir in additional hot sauce to taste, if desired. Spoon chicken on to lettuce leaves. Top with shredded carrots, celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. Fold up to enclose filling.
Tip: For best results, do not remove cover of slow cooker during cooking.