Seafood with Vanilla Sauce
Enjoy your favourite seafood Tahitian style! The savoury white sauce features the unexpected floral notes from a touch of vanilla and pairs perfectly with fish and seafood. Try this unexpected tropical entrée!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) diced onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp (2 1/2 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% cream
- 1/2 lb (250 g) white fish, cut into 2 inch (5 cm) chunks
- 1/2 lb (250 g) shrimp
In non-stick skillet, melt butter and sauté onion over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Stir in all the ingredients except vanilla, cream, fish and shrimp.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue until liquid is reduced by half, stirring frequently.
Add cream and Club House Pure Vanilla Extract. Bring back to a boil for 1 – 2 minutes.
Add fish. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add shrimp. Cover and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp are pink. Serve immediately.