All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds*
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) granulated sugar *
- 2 tsps (10 mL) water*
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House Salad Herbs Signature Blend**
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar **
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive or vegetable oil **
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) raspberry vinegar **
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh spinach
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh raspberries
Caramelized Almonds: Combine all ingredients* in a large frying pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts to a golden syrup and roasts the almonds, about 5 minutes. Turn out onto parchment paper; cool and break into pieces.
Raspberry Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients**. Shake well before using.
Salad: Combine spinach and raspberries in large salad bowl. Toss with dressing and top with almonds. Serve immediately.
· Prepare almonds and dressing up to 1 week ahead.
· Replace spinach with your favourite mixed greens.
Add cherry tomatoes as a garnish.