All You Need
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, about 2 ½ lb (1.25 kg)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House La Grille Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Garlic Powder and Club House Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil, for frying
Shred potatoes. Squeeze dry in a large clean kitchen towel. Place potatoes in large bowl. Add onion, eggs, flour, seasoned salt, garlic and pepper; mix well.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture, several heaping tablespoonfuls at a time, into skillet. Flatten slightly with back of spoon. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding additional oil if needed.
Serve with sour cream and chopped chives. Or serve with applesauce or apricot preserves.