All You Need
- 4 squares bittersweet chocolate (4oz/115g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Cabernet Savignon or other red wine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp (5/8 mL) Club House Ground Cloves (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Butter 4 (6-oz/175 mL) custard cups or soufflé dishes. Place on baking sheet.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on high 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in wine, vanilla and confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in eggs and yolk. Stir in flour, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Pour batter evenly into prepared custard cups.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully loosen edges with small knife. Invert cakes onto serving plates. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Tips Make ahead: The chocolate mixture can be prepared up to 1 day ahead of time. Pour the batter into prepared custard cups; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.