All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) peeled shrimp, tails removed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House Piri Piri Signature Blend
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) spicy sausage or Keilbasa, cut into chunks
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and largely diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Organic Oregano Leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine
- 1 carton (946 mL) Kitchen Basics Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 mL) long grain white rice
- 3 Club House Bay Leaves
- 1 1/5 cup (125 mL) sliced green onions
- Juice of 1 lemon
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp and piri piri seasoning. Toss to coat evenly; set aside.
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook 10 minutes, or until browned. Remove to bowl using slotted spoon to leave oils and juices in pot. Add chicken to pot; cook 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pot and set aside with sausage.
Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; sauté 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, parsley and cayenne pepper; cook 2 minutes.
Add wine, scraping browned pieces from sides of pot. Add stock, water, rice, sausage, chicken, and bay leaves, bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer 5 minutes.
Remove pot from heat; stir in green onions, and lemon juice. Remove bay leaves to serve.