All You Need
- 5 1/2 cups (1 19/50 L) mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Nutmeg Ground
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place all ingredients, except cheese and bacon, in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. If you prefer extra crispy bacon, reserve bacon and sprinkle at the end of cooking. Cover.
Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
Chef’s Tips Start with about 4 lb (1.8 kg) uncooked potatoes to yield 5 ½ cups (1.38 L) mashed potatoes. For faster preparation, start with instant or refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes. To make ahead, assemble casserole. Do not sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate casserole. Refrigerate bacon separately. Bake casserole as directed. Sprinkle with bacon during last 5 minutes of cooking.