Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers
Sweet and salty Asian-inspired shrimp on a lemongrass skewer. A lemongrass skewer? Yes, you heard that right. Shrimp are generously seasoned and formed into croquettes that are threaded onto a lemongrass stalk. Talk about upping the cool factor at the dinner table.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 10 servings
All You Need
- 1 lb (454 g) peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House La Grille No Salt Added Salmon Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 20 pieces lemongrass (to be used as skewers)
Place shrimp into food processor and pulse until shrimp are roughly chopped
Add all other ingredients, except the egg and lemongrass, and pulse another dozen times. Scrape mixture into a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff peaks form. Slowly fold the whipped egg white into shrimp mixture, making sure not to overwork it.
Place lemongrass skewers on parchment paper. Portion out approximately 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) of the shrimp mixture around each piece of lemongrass in a sausage-like shape, about 2 ½-in (6 cm) long.
Grill on medium heat until cooked, approximately 1 minute on all sides.