Lemon Curd Trifle
This gorgeous dessert lends itself perfectly to those summer parties — it is ideal as a make-ahead treat and features layer upon layer of sweet, tart lemon curd, angel food cake and fresh summer berries.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (82 1/2 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold butter, cut into chunks
- Recipe for Trifle
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups (1 L) angel food cake cubes
- 5 cups (1 1/4 L) berries, such as sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
For the Lemon Curd, mix egg yolks, granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon extract and ginger in medium saucepan with wire whisk until smooth. Cook and stir on medium heat about 8 minutes or until mixture is pale yellow and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, stirring until melted after each addition. Pour lemon curd into medium bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of lemon curd. Cool slightly. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight until well chilled.
For the Trifle, beat cream, icing sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Layer 2 cups (500 mL) angel food cake cubes, 1/2 each of the lemon curd, mixed berries and whipped cream in 2-quart (2 L) glass serving bowl. Repeat layers. Cover.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish with additional berries, if desired.