Korean Short Ribs
Korean Short Ribs, known as Kalbi in Korean, are given a long braise in a dark, sweet and savoury sauce. The result? Velvety, fall-off-the-bone texture and unreal flavour. For the adventurous, serve with the Korean pickled cabbage condiment Kimchi.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 lbs (1 kg) beef short ribs
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 1/2 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each reduced sodium soy sauce and brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 (35 g) package Club House Slow Cookers Beef Dip
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced green onion
Heat butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add beef ribs, cooking until brown, about 5 minutes.
Add onions and sauté 3 minutes.
Dissolve Club House Slow Cookers Beef Dip in water.
Place all ingredients, except green onions, into slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on LOW.
Garnish with green onions.
Chef’s Tip: Serve over rice.