All You Need
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) whole milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsps (10 mL) lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) sea salt
- egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked white rice
- 2 tsps (10 mL) butter
Bring milk, vanilla and cinnamon to simmer in medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in sugar, lemon zest and sea salt. Remove from heat.
To prevent the egg from curdling, whisk a small amount of the hot milk mixture into the egg to warm or temper it, about ½ cup (125 mL). Add egg mixture to remaining milk mixture in saucepan, whisking constantly until well blended.
Stir in rice. Cook on low heat 20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Stir in butter. Pour rice pudding into large bowl. (Rice pudding will thicken as it cools.) Place plastic wrap directly on surface of rice pudding. Cool slightly.
Serve warm or refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until well chilled. Sprinkle each serving with additional cinnamon, if desired.