All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 1/2 mL) cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tsps (20 mL) Club House Imitation Brandy Extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Lemon Extract
- 4 tsps (20 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping (35%) cream
Place the chopped chocolate in a stainless steel bowl.
Bring ½ cup (125 mL) cream to a boil in a small saucepan; pour over chocolate, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
Mix sugar and cornstarch with egg yolks; add extracts
In a small saucepan, mix cocoa powder with milk and bring to a simmer.
Add milk slowly to egg mixture and place back into pot. Cook until thick, making pastry cream.
Remove from heat and stir in cream and chocolate mixture. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill until firm, approximately 1 hour.
Before using pastry cream, whisk 2 tbsp (30 mL) whipping cream and fold into pastry cream.