All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 1/2 mL) Club House Pure Cinnamon Extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot water
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp (7 1/2 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 1/2 mL) baking powder
Cream together butter, sugar, egg and Club House Pure Cinnamon Extract.
Dissolve instant coffee in hot water and add to butter mixture.
Melt and slightly cool chocolate; add to butter mixture. Beat well.
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
Form into 2 inch (5 cm) diameter rolls, wrap well in wax paper or foil and chill minimum 4 hours.
Using sharp knife, slice 1/8-1/4 inch (0.3 - 0.6 cm) thick cookies. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 7-8 minutes.