Braised Lamb Shoulder and Potatoes with Pied-de-Vent Cheese
This is a roast you’ll be boasting about for weeks! Serve a fresh feast with braised lamb shoulder paired with cheese-covered golden potatoes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours 30 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House La Grille Vegetable Seasoning
- 3 lb (1 7/20 kg) whole lamb shoulder
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) dark beer
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Billy Bee Liquid Honey
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 large white onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) Kitchen Basics No-Salt Added Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1 pinch Club House Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 whole (500 g) Pied-de-Vent cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 2 McCormick Gourmet Bay Leaves
- Flat leaf parsley and chives, for garnish
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Sprinkle vegetable seasoning over lamb. Heat oil in large skillet and sear lamb on all sides.
Transfer lamb to large roasting pan or Dutch oven. Cover tightly with foil and roast 4 hours. Remove from oven and rest 30 minutes. Uncover and place on baking sheet; set oven to broil. Mix cooking juices with tomato paste, honey and beer; baste lamb with mixture. Return lamb to oven, basting occasionally for 15 minutes, or until meat is glossy.
For potatoes, heat oven to 350°F (160°C). Melt butter over medium-high heat in clean Dutch oven. Sauté onions until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add stock, thyme, bay leaves, garlic powder and potatoes; turn to coat.
Bake, covered, 60 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Remove lid and place cheese on top of the potatoes. Bake until golden and bubbling. Serve with lamb, garnished with chopped parsley and chives.