Braised Lamb Shoulder – Gluten Free
The full, rich flavour of lamb is beautifully complemented by a blend of rosemary and other savoury herbs. Braising produces an incredibly succulent and tender meat that falls off the bone. It can be sliced or shredded to serve.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 lbs (1000 g) bone-in lamb shoulder chops, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup (250 mL) each sliced onions and sliced celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 package Club House Recipe Inspirations Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine, optional
- 0 Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Heat oil in large oven-safe saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and brown on both sides. Remove lamb from pan; set aside.
Add onions and celery to saucepan and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add stock, tomatoes, spices, wine, reserved lamb and salt to taste. Bring to a boil; cover saucepan with lid and cook in oven for 1 hour.
Chef’s Tip: Try using pork shoulder/butt chops, chicken legs or beef short ribs in place of the lamb.