Baguette with Flank Steak and Balsamic Caramelized Onions
Small slices of baguette toasted with olive oil and thyme, topped with thin slices of just-seared flank steak and a compote of balsamic vinegar caramelized onions.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 12 slices baguette
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Thyme Leaves
- Club House Sea Salt Grinder and Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 pkg (25 g) Club House Brown Gravy Mix with Club House La Grille Montreal Steak Spice Flavour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/3 lb (150 g) flank steak
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parmesan cheese petals
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Dehydrated Parsley Flakes
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Place slices of baguette on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bake 4-5 minutes until bread is golden brown. Set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and brown for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and mix in balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
Prepare gravy according to package directions.
Season the flank steak with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown the steak for 2 minutes per side. Place steak on a lined baking sheet and bake 4-5 minutes, until medium rare (145°F/63°C). Brush with prepared gravy and let sit 5 minutes.
Cut steak into 12 slices. Divide caramelized onions between baguette slices. Top with flank steak and a drizzle of remaining gravy. Garnish with parmesan petals and parsley.