Amaretto Praline Bars
These decadent bars get their rich, boozy amaretto flavour from Club House Pure Almond Extract. Layered shortbread crust, chocolate and praline caramel make for an unforgettable treat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 24 servings
All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 1 3/4 cups (437 1/2 mL) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 1/4 mL) Club House Imitation Rum Extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix flour, 1 cup (250 mL) butter, ½ cup (125 mL) sugar, almond extract and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly into greased foil-lined 9 x 13-in (22 x 33 cm) baking pan.
Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over hot crust. Let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over crust. Set aside.
Meanwhile, bring remaining ¾ cup (175 mL) butter, remaining 1 cup (250 mL) sugar and corn syrup to boil in heavy medium saucepan on medium heat. Boil 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in rum extract. Spread evenly over chocolate-covered crust. Sprinkle with almonds.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 5 days.