Crunchy Southern Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Fried chicken with a twist! Not just an ordinary chicken but this one is marinated in buttermilk and Cajun seasoning, you don’t need to go south!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour marinating
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 5 servings
All You Need
- 2 lb (1 kg) chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) Club House One Step Cajun Seasoning, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Ground White Pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable oil
In a large bowl, rub 1 tbsp (15 ml) Cajun seasoning onto chicken thighs.
Pour the buttermilk over the chicken. Marinate for 1 hour, refrigerated.
Mix together flour, remaining 5 tbsp (75 ml) Cajun seasoning and white pepper.
Roll one chicken thigh at a time in the flour mixture to thoroughly coat.
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken and let cook over medium-low heat until golden brown, about 30 minutes, and it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Sprinkle more Cajun seasoning on chicken before serving, if desired.