Creamy Chicken with White Wine Sauce
Chicken in a very creamy sauce cooked with white wine. The use of Club House spices made this main dish very tasty – our family’s favourite. I discovered Club House spices the day we moved to Canada and they are now part of our daily cooking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Minced Garlic
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Celery Salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Rice Flour
- ¼ cup (50 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil, chopped
Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side. Set aside. Reserve the chicken drippings.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to pan and sauté 2 minutes. Mix in minced garlic, celery salt and black pepper. Add Portobello mushrooms.
Stir in white wine. Mix chicken broth with rice flour and add to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in whipping cream and return the browned chicken to the skillet. Simmer, covered, until chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with basil and serve.