Vanilla and Chocolate Heart Cake Pops
Delicious heart cake pops, are easy to customize with icing and decorations. Extracts are a staple in many baking recipes, but switching up the extract allows a recipe to take on a new flavour! Try switching Club House Pure Vanilla Extract for Imitation Caramel Extract – you’ll love it.
- Prep Time: 10 min + 20 min (icing + assembly)
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Makes: 25 servings
All You Need
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (295 1/2 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (14 1/2 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (473 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (29 1/2 mL) baking powder
- 7 ozs (14 tbsps) chocolate
- 2 tbsp (29 1/2 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (79 mL) unsalted butter, - cut into small pieces
- Cake Mate Imitation Chocolate Decors
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
In a large bowl mix eggs and sugar with a whisk.
Mix in vanilla and melted butter thoroughly. Add all-purpose flour and baking powder to bowl and mix.
Pour batter into a cake pan and bake for 50 minutes, until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Remove cake from pan and let cool completely. With a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts from cake.
Pour chocolate and water in a double boiler to cook over low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is completely melted. Add butter and mix thoroughly.
Put heart-shaped cake on stick and dip the cakes in melted chocolate. Sprinkle Cake Mate Imitation Chocolate Decors over chocolate. Set aside until chocolate has hardened. To help sticks hold, use an upside down strainer, a block of polystyrene or a pop cake stand.
Leave to cool for 1hr at room temperature.