Spiced Pistachio Cake with Coconut Cream
This fragrant cake gets a rich, nutty flavour from ground pistachios. Coconut cream, yogurt and Shawarma spice blend of warm spices keep it moist and delicious.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Makes: 18 servings
All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shelled unsalted pistachios
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Shawarma Spice Blend (recipe follows)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) coconut cream, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream
Place pistachios in mini food processor or clean coffee grinder; cover. Pulse until coarsely ground. Mix pistachios, flour, Spice Blend, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside.
Beat butter and 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix 1 cup (250 mL) of the coconut cream, yogurt and vanilla in small bowl. Alternately beat in flour mixture and coconut cream mixture on low speed until just blended. Pour batter into greased 13x9-in (33x23 cm) baking pan.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Beat remaining ¾ cup (175 mL) coconut cream, whipping cream and remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Serve cake with whipped coconut cream.