All You Need
- 1 9-in (23 cm) frozen pie crust, baked according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Club House Potato Starch
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 oz (125 g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) Club House Imitation Caramel Extract
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- Garnish: Raspberries, whipped cream, shaved chocolate
Whisk sugar, potato starch, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan. Whisk milk and egg yolks in a separate bowl and add to pan.
Heat over medium heat, whisking until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate and caramel extract until smooth. Stir in butter.
Pour chocolate mixture into baked crust, smoothing top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours uncovered.
Serve with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and or raspberries.
Tip! Homogenized or 2% milk is key to a rich tasting, thick pudding.
Tip! Substitute Club House Imitation Caramel Extract for Club House Pure Vanilla Extract or 1 tsp (5 mL) of instant espresso powder for a mocha choco-pie.