Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Tart with Cinnamon Peanut Crust
These tarts for two start with a cinnamon accented peanut crust as the base for a smooth peanut butter mousse flavoured with the signature tastes of the snickerdoodle cookie. A chocolate milk ganache is added on top as a nod to the classic pairing of milk and cookies.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Makes: 8 (1/2 tart) servings
All You Need
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) lightly salted roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chocolate milk
- 6 ozs (170 g) semi-sweet chocolate, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 L) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract or McCormick Gourmet Organic Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick® Gourmet or Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream
Mix peanuts, sugar and butter in medium bowl. Remove ¼ cup (50 mL) and spread on small baking sheet. Divide remaining peanut mixture among 4 (4-in/10 cm) tart pans with removable bottoms. Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of each tart pan.
Bake tart crusts and peanut mixture together in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Meanwhile, microwave chocolate milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds. Add chocolate; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Beat peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and cinnamon in large bowl with electric mixture on medium speed until smooth. Add whipping cream; beat until soft peaks form. Spread in prepared tarts crusts. Spread chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. Sprinkle with toasted peanut crumble before serving.