All You Need
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 5 oz (140 g) dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Red Food Colour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Imitation French Vanilla Extract
- Cake Mate Imitation Chocolate Decors
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-in (23 cm) round cake pan.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, pure vanilla extract and granulated sugar with a whisk. Set aside.
In a saucepan, heat the milk and chocolate over low heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is completely melted and add into large mixing bowl while stirring.
Add oil and mix, followed by the flour and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Remove immediately from pan and onto a plate to let cool at room temperature. Cut the cake in half horizontally (to create the two layers) and set aside.
While the cake cools, mix the butter, icing sugar, red food colour and French vanilla extract in a bowl using a silicon spatula. Add a little icing to the first half of the cake to bind the layers and lay the second half on top.
Spread the remaining of the icing on the cake and sprinkle with Cake Mate Imitation Chocolate Decors. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to slice and serve the cake.
Tips: To add a different flavour to the icing, try adding Club House Pure Mint & Peppermint Extract. It pairs perfectly with chocolate!