All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 shot (1 oz/30 mL) espresso coffee, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Irish Cream liqueur
- 7-Minute Peppermint Frosting
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Cream of Tartar
- pinch Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1-2 drops Club House Mint & Peppermint Extract
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in cooled espresso.
Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together milk and liqueur; beat into egg mixture alternately with flour mixture, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk mixture. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes or until tester inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool on rack completely.
7-Minute Peppermint Frosting: In heatproof bowl, whisk together sugar, 2 tbsp (30 mL) water, egg white, cream of tartar and salt. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water; using electric hand mixer, beat for about 7 minutes or until mixture holds stiff peaks. Remove from heat; beat until cooled. Beat in mint and peppermint extract; spread immediately over cooled cupcakes.
Kitchen Tip: For a festive twist, sprinkle crushed candy canes over frosting.