All You Need
- 1 cup (250 mL) warm water
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) traditional yeast
- 1 cup (250 mL) oat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) Club House Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 mL (1/2 mL) Club House Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Mix the water, honey and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add all dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated. Add honey mixture, eggs and milk. Turn machine on to medium speed and let mix for 2-4 minutes.
To form bun shape, distribute batter into a muffin pan, whoopee pie pan or other pan with shallow indentations. It is possible to make these on a cookie sheet as well, however, they will spread more.
Set pan uncovered in a warm area to rise for no longer than 30 minutes.
Bake for 20 minutes or until buns are nicely browned on top. Drizzle with extra honey if desired and serve warm with butter on the side.