All You Need
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each Club House Ground Nutmeg and salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- , 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups (1 L) thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (3 large Granny Smiths)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- Honey for drizzling (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan with oil and line bottom with parchment paper.
Pulse flour, sugar, 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in food processor to combine. Add butter, egg yolk and pulse until crumbly.
Crumble half of the mixture onto bottom of prepared pan, pressing lightly.
In a separate bowl, stir apples, honey and remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon and layer over base. Crumble remaining dough and almonds over apple mixture.
Bake until top is golden and fruit is bubbly, 35-45 minutes. Let cool. Drizzle with honey before serving (if desired).
Tips: Tart, crisp apples are best for structure and balanced sweetness.
Tips: Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.