All You Need
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Club House Potato Starch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Cake Mate Rainbow Round Decors
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Whisk eggs and sugar in bowl of stand mixer over saucepan of shallow simmering water until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in stand mixer on medium-high with whisk attachment until cooled, about 2 minutes.
Beat in vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Transfer to large bowl.
Sift potato starch and baking powder into the egg mixture and fold until no dry ingredients remain.
Scrape into ungreased 10-inch (4 L) tube pan and run butter knife through batter to rid of air bubbles; smooth top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched. Turn pan upside down and let hang on legs attached to pan or balance on neck until completely cooled.
Run paring knife around edge and remove from pan. Sift 1 tbsp (15 mL) of icing sugar over cake.
Topping: Beat whipping cream with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar until soft peaks form. Spread on cooled cake and top with decors.
Tip! Whip cream and stir in extra-smooth mascarpone with Billy Bee Honey for a richer topping option.
Tip! Mix it up! Combine large and small Cake Mate Decors for a fun and whimsical garnish