All You Need
- 1½ cups (375 mL) chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Club House Rice Flour
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- Icing sugar or cocoa for dusting
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9-in (2.5 L) square cake pan and line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on 2 sides.
Melt chocolate and coconut milk in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering (not boiling) water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar until dissolved. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
Whisk in rice flour, cocoa and salt until just combined.
Scrape into prepared pan and spread evenly with back of spoon. Bake until puffed and cracked at edges, 35-40 minutes. Let cool on rack; refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. To remove, lift parchment handles, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar or cocoa.
Tip: Shake coconut milk before opening. Open and stir well to incorporate coconut cream and liquid.
Tip: Use leftover coconut milk in your coffee instead of cream or milk, add to smoothies, chicken soup or for baking as a substitute for milk in cakes.
Tip: Swirl in 1 cup (250 mL) chopped frozen cherries for Valentine’s Day or for when you crave chocolate and cherries.