All You Need
- 1 ¾ cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups (400 mL) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (175 mL) cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (175 mL) 2% milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla
- ¾ cup (175 mL) boiling water
- 1 lb (500 mg) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) corn syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Artificial Caramel Extract
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 ½ tbsp (37 mL) Cake Mate Imitation Chocolate Decors
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pans; line bottom with parchment paper and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk egg mixture into flour until smooth.
Whisk in boiling water. Batter will be very thin. Divide between prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges; invert onto rack and remove paper. Let cool.
Frosting: Melt chocolate in heatproof bowl over saucepan of shallow simmering water until melted. Stir in corn syrup then sour cream, corn syrup, caramel extract and salt until smooth. Refrigerate until spreadable, 15 minutes.
Spread 11/3 cup (325 mL) over 1 layer. Top with 2nd layer and spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with decors.
Tip! If frosting is too thick to spread, set over simmering water, stirring until spreadable.