All You Need
- 2 cans (540 (each) mL) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup (250 mL) slivered almonds, divided
- 1 pkg (2-layer size) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 container (500 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 tsp (20 mL) McCormick Gourmet Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Coarse Grind Black Pepper
Spray 12-in (30 cm) cast iron skillet with no stick cooking spray. Pour cherry pie filling into skillet. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the almonds. Set aside.
Stir cake mix, sour cream, vanilla, chili pepper and black pepper in large bowl until well blended. Spread over pie filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) almonds.
Place cast iron skillet on preheated grill over medium-high heat (375° to 400°F/190° to 200°C). Grill with lid closed 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
To bake in oven: Prepare batter in cast iron skillet as directed. Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.