Black Pepper Berry Shrub Cocktail
Cool it. With a refreshing shrub cocktail. (A what?) A shrub: Fruit-and-vinegar syrups added to boozy-based drinks or soda. The taste is complex but the prep is easy. Fill your cocktail shaker with our homemade berry and pepper vinegar, seltzer, sugar and vodka - shake - and get pouring.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hrs 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hr 10 minutes
- Makes: 1 servings
All You Need
- 6 pickled berries from DIY Black Pepper Berry Vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) DIY Black Pepper Berry Vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 1/2 oz (45 mL) vodka
- ½ cup (125 mL) soda water
Muddle the pickled berries, Black Pepper Berry Vinegar and sugar in beverage glass with a muddler or wooden spoon to crush the berries. Add vodka and seltzer water; stir gently.