All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) long grain rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced tomato with juice
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) Club House La Grille Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 each onion, red, yellow & green pepper
Combine water, rice, tomatoes and BBQ sauce in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Toss vegetables in oil and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, approximately 5 minutes; cool. Grill sausage on all sides for 2 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
Slice sausage in ½ lengthwise and slice on bias. Chop the peppers and onion into ½-in (1 cm) pieces.
Add sausage and vegetables to the rice and cook for 5 minutes longer, until tender and heated through.